Fun with Chevrons

Oh boy, what a week I've had.  We've been going through our Fiscal Year End at work so I've been working long (VERY long) hours this past week.   I would leave the house before my hubby even stirred in bed and came home long after he'd already gone BACK to bed.  My dog missed me so much that in the morning he'd come hang out in the bathroom with me as I got ready for another long day at work.  We finished up Friday night and I was anxious to get back in my 'Little Corner of Stampinheaven' to play.

Even though I knew I wouldn't be able to create until today, I still checked out my favorite blog challenges everyday.   So today, I revisited a few that I wanted to participate in. Today, I created a card that I could enter into three of my favorite challenges - Unscripted Sketches (sketch), CAS-ual Fridays (Chevron and Flowers) and Dynamic Duos (colors).



The colors I used for this card are Close To My Heart's color Juniper and Ruby.  I love these two colors together.  I'm not sure I would have chosen these had I not seen the color on the Dynamic Duos Challenge.  I used In the Background (D1540) to stamp my chevron image.  I cut the flowers using my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and stamped them with the Girls Rock (C1538) stamp set.   "Happy Birthday" is from the set Perfect Fit - Birthday (B1417).  My finishing touch are sparkles from the Clear Assortment (Z1752).

SK174 US205






Comments

  1. Hi Gina! Clearly your creativity is at it's peak after you've had a long, busy week at work!! Your card is gorgeous - great job on all the challenges. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big blooms are so much fun! I like how you fussy cut the contrasting centers of the flowers, too. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. Really love the chevron stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh.... gorgeous!!!
    Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! You're right about these colors - ya gotta see them to believe it! I love how you incorporated the design elements into your card and maintained a beautiful clean and simple design with tons of glorious white space! The placement of the sentiment perfectly balances your card. Thanks for sharing your talent and creativity with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    Next week is Unscripted Sketches 4th Blogiverary...might be some extra wee surprises )

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute! lovely card! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection, love the chevrons with those flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seeing a little glitter on the chevrons? Love them! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this! Great stamping! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely FABULOUS! Love everything about it, it really caught my eye in the Dynamic Duos gallery. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome combination of these challenge ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder