Whooo's Your Valentine - CARD!

Hello there!  I had intended to do a lot of creating this weekend.  I even printed out several challenges that I wanted to try out.  But as all things go, I never got in my craft room until Sunday and that was just to clean up a mess!   There used to be an old Lazy Boy recliner in there. It got moved in there when we purchased a new chair for our family room.  So we moved the old Lazy Boy to a corner of my craft room.  It was good for stacking stuff on and behind!  I came home from my Saturday Hostess Club to find that my husband had moved it out to the sunroom.  Hmmm... he moved all the exercise equipment to a corner to make room for the chair.  That is where I found him - rocking away watching TV.  Doesn't look like any New Years resolution was made about exercising!

So anyway, when he moved the chair it revealed my huge pile of "I'll deal with it later" stuff.  So I set about trying to actually deal with it.  That brought on some reorganization to the room.  You know how one things leads to another.   Well I'm still working on it.

But I did take time out to play with a challenge tonight.  I've been wanting to use my Whooo's Your Valentine stamp set to create a Valentine card.  Tonight I finally accomplished it!  I chose the Color Combination #122 (Black, Kraft, Ruby, Blush & White) on the Color Q Challenge and used the sketch from Friday Mashup.


My card base is Kraft cardstock layered on Black Cardstock.  I used the heart background stamp and Ruby ink on the Blush Cardstock.  The heart stamps coordinate with images on the Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  The little owls are so darn cute!  I think the Kraft and Black cardstock give this Valentine card a bit of a masculine feel because it is not so frilly.  Who knows, maybe I'll leave this one in my hubby's old recliner in the sunroom.

Here is the sketch I used from Friday Mashup and the color combination from Color Q

                                        


Don't forget about the Whooo's Your Valentine Special going on now! 
This is while supplies last so it may only be around for another week or so!  


You can purchase the Whooo's Your Valentine Kit (valued at $40) for ONLY $10 when you place an order of $35 in Close To My Hearts products.  

This kit contains the following:
12 – Die-Cut Boxes (3 each of 4 colors: Blush, Hollyhock, Ruby, White Daisy)
3 – 12" × 12" Cardstock Sheets (Blush, Hollyhock, White Daisy)
1 – Sheet Silver Glitter Paper – new product for Spring/Summer 2013!
12 – Treat Tubes with Lids – new product for Spring/Summer 2013!
1 – My Acrylix® Whooo’s Your Valentine Stamp Set (D-size)


Look what you can make with this kit:


Go to my website and order yours today!

Comments

  1. Sweet card, Gina, love your owl! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina... love the card you made... it would be a sweet treat for your hubby to get it on valentines in his fave chair! Cute idea! Thanks for inspiring! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darn cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....so cute!! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! The owls images are so cute and the hearts look great in different sizes and patterns. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those owls are just adorable and great colors!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute , love the owls..
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is that owl? Great use of the Sketch and I love the color combo you used. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder