Memory Game - Make it an Advent Box!

I just realized I never blogged about my Advent Box!  This turned out so cute I wanted to share!  I had a workshop back in October on this cute little box made using Close To My Heart's Memory Game.   The Memory Game (Z1614) comes with 24 3x3 chipboard squares all in a little box that has a magnetic flap for closure.  You can put photos on one side and cover the other side with a pretty pattern paper.  Since there were 24 squares I thought this would be a great opporutnity to make an Advent box with an activity every day.



This was so easy to assemble.  I used the Believe Level 2 Paper (X7145B) to cover the box and for each square.  To decorate my squares I used the Believe Stickease (X7145C) and also the Countdown (B1390) stamp for the numbering of the days.  The stickease is perfect because it adds dimension to your squares but not a lot of depth.  You want your cards to lay flat ... and also fit in the box!

I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the stocking and ornament for the top of the box.  Check out the toe and heel of the stocking!  It is the "Countdown to Christmas" phrase from the Countdown stamp to make is look like stitching!
 

Here are the cutting dimensions for the box:

ADVENT BOX CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS
Believe – HoHoHo B&T paper                 Believe – Red Plaid
Sides – 3 ½ x 3 ¼ (cut 2)                               Top – 3 ½ x 3 1/8
Front & Back – 3 ¼ x 3 ¼                              Flap – 2 x 3 1/8  (trim to fit by tracing the curved edge 
                                                                                                   and cut inside the traced line)
TILES – cut 3x3 squares from the various papers & cardstock included in the Believe Kit.

TOP OF BOX – USE THE AP CRICUT CARTRIDGE FOR THESE PIECES
Sweet Leaf Cardstock
<Shape 10> 3”
Stocking heel & toe, and top - <Stocking> Layer 3”
Red Plaid B&T -  Stocking - <Stocking> 3”
Stripe B&T (opposite side of Red Plaid) - Ornament - <Tag1> 1 ½”

I know we are already into December but you can get one of these Memory Games now and make one for next year!  

Since these colors go with this week's Heart 2 Heart Inspiration photo I'm going to enter it into this week's challenge!  WOW 2 entries on one challenge - I've never done that before!
                                             

Comments

  1. Very clever! How fun this would be to play with little ones during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous idea!! Love it. Thanks for playing with us @ H2H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder